Wednesday 15 December 2010

No.15. First twilight markets

 

~15~

Lots happening today,
My paintings and flower clips for sale
It is the last day of school for the summer, my niece Olivia's 4th Birthday (we moved here to the island 2 days after she was born) and Sienna's best friend Wilkes' 5th Birthday.
Today is also the day of the innaugural summer twilight markets.
I have had this concept for the past 4 years and hope that it is another one of my ideas that I can cross off my 'Norfolk Island List'.
As the shops here traditionally close on a Wednesday afternoon, I have always wanted to offer an alternative to the visitors that have just arrived on a Wednesday or those who leave on the next day's flight and would like to do some last minute shopping.
I gathered enough people to begin the Summer twilight markets in the grounds of the lovely Sports and Workers club in the heart of town.
There were a range of wares on offer from handicrafts to locally made Norfolk Island ocean salt.

I had a display of family photos that I have been taking for holiday makers and locals on the Island since 2007 and got 3 bookings on the night. See my 'other' blog for details
We look forward to a summer long of our locally grown twilight markets.
Lizzie and Amber modelling my flower clips at my stall.

No comments: