· "The Red Hot Mummas" starred 10 local hot mummas... Cristina McRitchie, Rose Stephens, Raewynne Tarrant, Juliette Grant, Louci Reynolds, Roberta Simpson-Leha, Leia Widdowson, Michelle Hayes, Gill Brown & Tamson Mayo. The Mummas danced to River Deep and set the night's standard for high energy entertainment with their opening number.
|Red hot Roberta with 4 children, the youngest is 6 weeks old.|
|Three of our four k-2 school teachers proving teachers rock!|
|"I want to be on stage like you Mum."|
|Tony 'lego man' Wilkinson|
· "The Dentist" song was a McRitchie affair starring Brandt but also featuring Cristina & Sienna... and Momma as well. Thanks go to Ernie Christian for his cameo appearance and for showing us how NOT to be brave in the dentist chair.
· "Dar Hilli Song" was performed by Lexi Tavener who showed us what the Norfolk version of The Lazy Song would be. Since her Mum wrote the words it had to be a winning song.
· "Nursing Home" was a beautiful, short skit with the best punch line!! Margaret Kiernan hardly said a word yet stole the show playing the elderly mother. Bron South (appropriately) played her daughter, with Louci Reynolds & Toppy Wilkinson on stage to complete the cast.
· ”Wicked Girls" began with 5 year old Sienna McRitchie singing "The Wizard and I". Sienna's solo with microphone had so much emotion and such great vocals that the audience was perplexed and gave her the biggest applause for the night. Her Mum Cristina then sang "Defying Gravity" with backing vocals from Tamson Mayo. These girls were truly WICKED!!!!
The crew did a fantastic job with Ben Hayes on Lights, Brian James on Sound, Lance Miller as Stage Manager and Don Brian as Stage Hand. The many Front of House workers at Ferny Lane Theatre also played important roles in making Skits & Vocal Bits such a huge success. Thank you to the audiences who supported NATS.
|Teddy hugs his sister Sienna at interval and says "I am so proud of you, you look beautiful!"|
If you enjoyed Skits & Vocal Bits and would like to be involved with the next one (either onstage, backstage or organising) or you have some ideas or material we could use then please approach either Rose or Cristina. And if you enjoyed being in the audience or missed out then keep your eyes and ears open for Skits & Vocal Bits II in about 6 months time.
What the audience said after 'Skits and Vocal bits' at NATS last weekend.
It was Hilarious! I laughed so hard that I embarrassed myself until I looked around and everyone else was laughing too!.
I will never miss another theatre show again if they are all that good.
"The highlight was Tony's Wilkinson's hair in the 'Last Man on the Moon skit..."
"I seriously thought I was going to wet my pants during the water skiing skit..."
"You guys have got to do a full production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show..."
"I am still giggling whenever I think about any of it..."
"Thanks for all of the laughs last night, it was fantastic!"
An amazing array of talent across the age groups, people I never expected to see.
I cannot believe Rose & Bron cannot ski in real life.
It is unbelievably creepy how Tony W looks with hair.
I really needed a laugh, everything was perfect.
a shot in the arm thankyou all.
To Bron, you should let your mother fart.
You should have warned us we needed tissues, we wet ourselves laughing.
It was best belly laugh in years.
how come I can't sing? we want to do that too.
what a blast, we loved it
Some comments from down the street even nearly a week later; Great, loved it, a great laugh,hilarious.
Aren't you doing it again this weekend?
Sadly no, It isn't on this weekend, but we do plan to do another skits and vocal bits within the next 6 months, do you have an act that could be in the show? Do you want to be a performer or backstage helper? Please feel free to contact Rose Stephens and Cristina McRitchie with your ideas. AND definitely don't miss the next show!