Friday 8 June 2007

Golden Oldies


I can't pretend to understand what is going on with this game, as it is similar enough to rugby league, but then they do something completely different that I then lose track of the game, but at least I can enjoy the view(of Norfolk of course!)
I think the different coloured shorts mean different things eg.purple shorts means that you are over 70 and can't be tackled, but can't run for more than X amont of metres, I am not sure what yellow means, but I do know that you have to be over 35 years to play.
Norfolk's own team, the creaky convicts, with appropriate broad arrow print on their shirts, and black shorts, unfortunately, Brandt only had green shorts, which left a few people scratching their heads as to what they mean.
Anyway another golden oldies team came over from Dannevirke NZ and they had a match which Brandt was the first one to score a try(Except I was feeding the kids and didnt have my camera out) and then set up another try (Except I was giving the kids a drink and missed that one too.)
So here are some other fine photos of the game.
As I said on the mothers day blog, one of the most scenic playing fields in the world.

No comments: