Tuesday 7 August 2007

CAT KARMA



I have always had bad cat Karma, as a child I was scratched and bitten, I couldn't explain it as I was such an animal lover. Even in my early twenties, while visiting my Nana in hospital I had a cat from the nurses quarters fly out of nowhere, land on my head and bite me.




Now after no new cat injuries for at least 10 years, I feel like a little window is opening up from my own early childhood and I can see where my bad cat karma began..........




Sienna is also a animal lover, she loves them too much, and as I spend my days saying "Sienna, put the cat down", "Sienna leave Jane alone" and "please don't pick the cat up by her head"


It is all feeling very familiar to me.


I still want to give dogs and rabbits and cats and guinea pigs etc big cuddly squeezes to let them know that I love them.


End of the mystery of my cat karma as they don't like to be squeezed or picked up affectionately by their heads, they must have sent the message around to all their cat buddies Australia wide.

I remember one particularly nasty scratch that I received on my cheek from Gloria and Bob's cat while on holiday with them in Corowa, I may have been about Teddy's age or about 7.

Gloria was my Mum's childhood pen friend when she was still living in England, Ironically, as I write this, I am preparing for Bob and Gloria to come and stay here with us next week.

In the meantime, it looks as though the cat karma has passed through to the next generation, even after a few scratches, hisses and bites, Sienna still insists on carrying our poor long suffering and very patient inherited cat around with with her.
until Jane finally escapes.

No comments: